Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pictures

Hey guys...had a few minutes to update while at the train station waiting on our overnight train from Bern to Florence and "hacked" into McDonalds' wireless and wanted to post some pictures. There are more on Andrew's camera that I really like, but it's packed away in his bag somewhere, so you'll get those soon. I'm not sure of the quality of the last 5 because I just randomly picked some (they're coded by number, so I can't actually see what I'm posting, I have to see them on my camera first).

We did go to Lucerne today and it was beautiful. Especially when the clouds cleared and we could see the mountains. We went up on some towers (lots of steep steps...my quads hate me) and I felt like I was on top of the world. More description of today and pictures too coming soon.


















The sparkling tower.


















Great scenery...the guy and the background. :)


















Sparkling tower at dinner.


















Sparkling tower even closer.














Under the tower.















The city of Bern.















More of Bern...see the mountains in the distance?















Ray's on top of the world right now...















The city of Bern from the top of Gurten.















More of the Swiss Alps.















Andrew and me feeling on top of the world...this was actually on top of one of the "small" towers that we climbed.















No wonder Swiss cheese is so great...it comes from sheep-dog cows.















A ginormous mountain and a little of Lucerne.















A view of the mountains from the river. This wasn't even the best view that we got, but it was a pretty good one.



















I really didn't mean to upload this. It was the last picture Andrew took (we may be drinking a bit while waiting on our train). I thought it would be of a mountain.

6 comments:

Jami said...

The pictures are great. Can't wait to see more.

Aunt Tami said...

Hey Stevie,
Did you notice those sheep dog cows have two legs shorter than the others from standing on the side of the mountains --- kidding.
Pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

Hey guess the language isn't a problem when it comes to ordering beer. LOL. Just love the pictures. Thank goodness those sheep dog cows are too big to fit in your bag. I know that one of you would love to bring one home. Looking forward to more.

Love
Mom (Bonnie)

Anonymous said...

Forgot. Was Andrew stopping the world from spinning so Ray wouldn't fall off?

Love

Mom

Unknown said...

wow guys, your pictures are awesome!! I'm so jealous, maybe one day I'll get to go... Have fun and bring me back a hot European guy. Miss you guys!

dkunz said...

Hi Ray,

Sounds like you are having a great time. Wish I was there!!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures when you get home.

Love, Aunt Diane



Hi Ray,

Glad to hear you are having a great time. I can't wait to see more pictures when you get home.

Diane and Donna helped me type this. I'm new to the computer.

Love, Grandma and Grandpa Fox


Hi Ray!

Hope you are having a great time! I have enjoyed your pictures and can not wait to talk to you. I am soooo jealous!! Have fun - look forward to your next blog.

Love, Aunt Donna


Ray,

Wow! What a trip. Have fun and stay safe. Looking forward to seeing you soon - wish I could be with you.

Love, Uncle Bill