Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bonjour Everyone!

Hey Everyone, it's Andrew. I tell you what, the only thing McDonald's is good for is the free wi-fi...it's 7 euro an hour in our hotel. I'm here again to update everyone on the various goings on and what not during our trip.

We definitely ran into some language barriers with trying to buy tickets, thank god the line was long enough for us to figure out what the heck was going on, for some reason everything here in in another language.....

Our first encounter with a French person was almost what I expected. The lady behind the counter seemed to be arguing with everyone person that came up to here booth. Thank goodness her shift was over when our turn was up.

Paris is absolutely beautiful. A little dirtier than expected but nothing to call home to Mom about.....but I will soon I swear :). We walked over to the
Louvre but it was closed, so we decided to spray graffiti on the wall of the big Pyramid out front.....just kidding, don't worry we're being good. We explored the Notre Dame cathedral and searched for the infamous Hunchback. We thought we found him but he turned out to be a Kentucky fan in disguise.

Stevie and I went off and found a small market were everyone sounded like they we yelling at each other and I found it difficult to ask for anything I wanted. My French is a bit rusty if not non-exist. I'll let Stevie go into more detail for I am still finding it difficult to type on this thing.

p.s. Thanks for all the comments so far, it's great to see everyone is interested in our travels. Love you guys.

Andrew

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fantastic. And it sounds like you are having a wnderful time. Oh how is the hotel in Paris?

Love you

Mom

Jami said...

I love the pictures, they are great. The picture of you and Stevie at your picnic is really cute. Who knew she could be so sweet? :)
I miss you all. Keep posting, I look forward to reading about all your grand adventures.
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

The pictures and blog are great -- it helps to keep us close to you. My only question is, have you seen Pepe' LePew? Hee Hee Mom

Anonymous said...

Stevie, I think your mom and I would get along great. I love Pepe LePew!!!

Keep having fun.

Love
Bonnie

Aunt Donna said...

Hi Ray, Hope you are having a great trip. Your pictures are wonderful. It is truly a trip of a lifetime, but remember you do have to come home. We all miss you bunches!! Cannot wait to see and talk to you. Have fun!!!! Love, Aunt Donna, Uncle Jim, Matt and Adam


Hi Ray,

Looks like you are having a fun trip. Wish we were there with you!! Take care and we look forward to seeing you and hearing your stories. Love, Grandma and Grandpa


Hi Ray,

Keep those messages and pictures coming! Sounds like a great trip!!! You aren't trying any of those dark Euopean beers are you? Stay safe and have fun.
Love, Aunt Diane, Uncle Mike, Michael, and Chris


Hi Ray!!!

Enjoying your pictures and looking forward to hearing your stories. I am doing pretty well. Don't do anything I wouldn't do - and that leaves it WIDE OPEN!!! Love, Bill